While skiing for five days in Japan, I wore one shirt. Every day. I know – I’m gross. I only packed one, though, since I knew it would serve me perfectly for my whole time.
For this week’s Humpworthy Hump Day, I’d like to introduce you to it. Here is my review of the Icebreaker Women’s Oasis Crewe Bodyfit 200 Top.
It is, in my opinion, the best women’s travel and outdoor top. At least for cold weather. (They have it in men’s, too, if the boys don’t want to look super guido in a tight tee.) I know it seems outrageously expensive. I thought about buying it for probs a year before actually ordering. (I am a cheapskate.)
But, it is SO worth it. I used to buy lots of $20 “quick-dry,” “dry-fit,” “stretchy-smelly” athletic tops. Now, they all sit in my drawer. Because this top is where it’s at.
Why this top rocks:
- It is really warm, especially for how light it is. I wear it as an undershirt for skiing and hiking… and for warmth in my unheated apartment.
- It NEVER gets smelly. Okay, never is a strong word, but I haven’t yet pushed it to the level where it reeks. Unlike other “dry-fit” tops that smell if you even breathe on them wrong.
- It dries quickly and doesn’t wrinkle too much – making it a perfect option for travel. Even if you’re traveling to a warm climate, you’ll usually encounter mountains and chilly evenings that’ll make you glad you have it.
- It’s cute. Fair, I am not
remotelyvery fashionable, but I feel perfectly okay wearing this top with jeans and sneakers to explore a city or grab some food. (Maybe that reflects more on my poor taste than the top, however. You decide.)
- It’s soft and comfy. It feels great to wear. Ooh, I’m going to go put mine on right now.
- The only slightly negative aspect is that it is a bit high-necked. It doesn’t bother me, but I can imagine some people not liking it. Icebreaker has several other tops to choose from if you think that might bug you.
Ultra-professional disclaimer thingy: If you buy the top through the link above, then I get a teensy-weensy bit of commission. But, I bought this top on my own accord and fell in love with it. I would never recommend something unless I thought it was worth every penny.