Tomorrow is the start of fall, which just happens to be my favorite season. I think. I also really like spring, and winter, and summer. But fall is pretty awesome.
To get you in the mood, I suggest buying something pumpkin-flavored, throwing on a chunky-knit sweater, and reading all of my finds from this week!
- As someone who’s traveled both solo and with a boyfriend, I found Wandering Earl’s thoughts about traveling the world all alone quite interesting.
- Burger pollution > truck pollution. One charbroiled burger pollutes as much as an 18-wheeler driving 143 miles. A study said it, so it’s science. (And that’s not even taking the actual meat into account!)
- If you don’t cry when looking at this love story in 22 pictures, then YOU HAVE NO SOUL.
- Be yourself! Wonderful perspective from Therese at The Unlost — there’s nothing worse than self-improvement.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ientu
- Calling all (wannabe) entrepreneurs/freelancers/bloggers: why a lifestyle business could be a better fit for you than a startup, from Sean Ogle at Brazen Careerist.
- I LOVE funky street art. Man on the Lam’s post about street art in Mazatlan, Mexico makes me really want to visit!
- Our youth deserve better. Period. The tragic geography of disconnected youth, from Richard Florida at the Atlantic Cities.
- Never thought of this before: earn travel rewards points or miles when paying your mortgage or student/car loans, from Million Mile Secrets.
- I’ve wanted to watch the man burn since I was in high school, so I’m super jeal of Ava’s once-in-a-lifetime experience at Burning Man.
- “Travel sooner,” and 15 other pieces of Jeff Goin’s unsolicited advice to his younger self.
Welcome to my link roundup, article whores! For more article-y goodness, check out the travel links of the week for 9/14/12.