Sorry I skipped this last week, but I’ve been in the process of moving/traveling. And managing to find clothes from Alaska that will be socially acceptable in San Diego is about as time-consuming as it gets.
Here’s an extra serving of links to make up for it:
- Neato. Use your internal clock to determine your body’s best time for everything, including tweets, exercise, and work.
- A lesson you learn every day during travel: appreciate the small stuff & never fail to look more closely than just the surface, from Camels & Chocolate. (Plus, beautiful macro photos of Panamanian rainforest.)
- Hannah over at Further Bound is doing the Rickshaw Run. If you don’t know what the Rickshaw Run is, check out the link. Or, suffice it to say that it’s India + rickshaws + charity = madness. Pretty much at the top of my bucket list.
- Instead of saying that I’m going to be slacking off down in Central America this winter, I’m going to start telling people I’m taking a freelancer sabbatical.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jinterwas
- This is so cool. Julie couchsurfed with me while she was in Korea, and we dished all about love and boys… and now her piece about love in the time of Korea is featured on 20-Something Travel. Go, Julie!
- I’m so smart. Be present was one of my new year’s resolutions! At Jeff Goins Writer, Sundi Jo discusses the power of being present in the age of urgency.
- “Change is growth.” Amen. Donna at Get Rich Slowly says stop being the person you think you are.
- Though I think the whole “traveler v. tourist” thing is overplayed, I do think that Lash’s question at the Art of Backpacking is valid: why do travelers eat in tourist restaurants? Get down, dirty, and local — you won’t be sorry.
- Quit thinking about it and just do it already! Chris Guillebeau is so right: what you don’t do doesn’t matter.
- What everybody wants: the person that is home. From the duo over at Hektic Travels, the realization that home need not be a place.
- YES. The ever-hilarious Everywhereist presents the ten commandments of air travel.
Welcome to my link roundup, article whores! For more article-y goodness, check out the travel links of the week for 9/21/12.